Introduction: High-density integrated circuits have become indispensable devices in the electronics industry. During the processing of electronic components, static electricity will attract small objects. Two objects with different electrostatic levels will be caused by direct contact or the effect of an electrostatic field. The electrostatic charges of the two objects are displaced. When the electric field reaches a certain energy, the dielectric between them is penetrated and a discharge is generated, which causes losses and hazards that cannot be ignored. The laser ball tin welding system uses non-contact processing, which perfectly opens A new era of electrostatic electronic component welding.
Static electricity is a kind of static charge, especially in dry and windy autumn. The various reactions caused by static electricity cannot be fully used. Sometimes, the electrostatic reaction may bring very serious consequences, such as : During the processing of electronic components, static electricity will attract small objects. Two objects with different electrostatic levels will shift the electrostatic charge of the two objects through direct contact or the action of an electrostatic field. When the electric field reaches a certain energy, The dielectric between them is broken and discharge occurs, which we call ESD phenomenon.
With the rapid development of science and technology, the rapid rise of high-tech industries such as electronics, communications, aerospace, and aviation, especially 3C electronic products are becoming smaller, more versatile, and more intelligent. High-density integrated circuits have become an indispensable device in the electronics industry for these requirements. This kind of device has the characteristics of short line spacing, thin line, high integration, fast operation speed, low power and high input impedance, which weakens the device's ability to resist electrostatic shock. Killer. At the same time, the widespread application of a large number of high-insulation materials such as plastic products has led to a large increase in the chance of generating static electricity. Static electricity can be generated in daily life such as walking, air movement, and handling. It is generally believed that only CMOS-type chips are sensitive to static electricity. In fact, highly integrated components and circuits are very sensitive.
Inside the chip damaged by static electricity
Electrostatic discharge is the main cause of component breakdown hazards and interference with the operation of electronic equipment. In the production of electronic products, this phenomenon is particularly high in the welding process of components, which causes electrostatic discharge breakdown hazards to the device. Therefore, electrostatic protection in the welding process is becoming more and more important.
The main soldering methods of electronic components are manual soldering, dip soldering, wave soldering, reflow soldering and other contact soldering. It is easy to cause static electricity during the soldering process.
At this stage, more and more manufacturers are aware of the harmfulness of static electricity to electronic components, and they are constantly researching and trying new processes and new methods to solve such problems, such as:
1. The operator must wear a wired anti-static wrist strap;
2. When using wave soldering, the solder and transfer system must be grounded;
3. The table tops involved in handling electrostatic sensitive devices must use anti-static table mats;
4. ESD sensitive devices must be transported with electrostatic shielding and anti-static appliances;
5. The welding equipment and forming tooling equipment used in the assembly must be grounded. The welding tool uses an internal heating type soldering iron.
6.ESD sensitive devices should not be taken out of the original package prematurely, and should be operated correctly, and try not to touch the legs of ESD sensitive devices;
7. The power supply system should be modified with a transformer for isolation. The ground wire must be reliable to prevent floating ground wires. The ground resistance is less than 10 ohms.
After years of research and practice by scientists and engineering technicians, static electricity is a natural phenomenon, and it is almost impossible to prevent it from occurring. Only by the above methods, its existence can be controlled below dangerous levels, causing it to cause The loss is minimized as much as possible, but it adds processing cost and complexity to the process.
With the development and maturity of the laser processing industry, laser as the purest and most environmentally friendly processing method has attracted the attention of Polylink Laser. It makes full use of its non-contact processing method to completely solve the welding process from the perspective of the processing method. ESD phenomenon, the perfect technology of laser ball solder welding system developed and produced by Bolink Laser is a technological innovation in the field of microelectronics. He can perfectly solve the traditional wave soldering, reflow soldering, soldering iron and HOTBAR welding in precision microelectronics The harm caused by static electricity during contact welding in the field welding has greatly improved the yield of electronic component processing.
The laser ball tin soldering system has the following characteristics:
1. Laser processing accuracy is high, the light spot can reach the micron level, the processing time is program controlled, and the accuracy is much higher than the traditional process.
2. Non-contact processing, there is no static electricity caused by contact welding, and it can be processed in parts that are not easy to be welded by conventional methods.
3. A small laser beam replaces the soldering iron tip, which is also easy to process when there are other interferences on the surface of the workpiece.
4. Local heating, small heat affected area; no static electricity threat.
5. Laser is the cleanest processing method, no consumables, simple maintenance and easy operation. Repeated operation has good stability.
The 6.7-axis intelligent work platform is equipped with a synchronous CCD positioning and monitoring system, which automatically clamps and automatically determines the presence or absence of workpieces, which can effectively guarantee welding accuracy and yield.
7. The laser ball tin soldering system requires no additional flux and no additional auxiliary tools, ensuring the cleanliness of the process.
Laser ball soldering system The solder ball is moved from the solder ball box to the nozzle. After being melted by laser heating, it is sprayed by inert gas (nitrogen) and directly covers the pads without additional flux or additional tools. Using solder ball spray welding, the welding accuracy is high and the quality is reliable. 99.8% of the welding is free of virtual welding through the slice experiment, especially for temperature sensitive or soft board connection welding area. During the whole process, the solder joints and the welding body are not in contact, which perfectly solves the electrostatic threat caused by contact during the welding process.